To develop a community homestead, as a lean rural alternative, that reduces consumption while increasing quality of life.
How do we achieve this mission?
- By shifting our focus to production for use (homesteading) and away from production for market (farming).
- By sharing and developing services and products within the immediate and surrounding community.
- By producing more food and medicine onsite; learning from the plants and animals that surround us.
- By conserving energy and reducing use of fossil fuels and shifting to renewable energy sources.
- By creating community, arts and entertainment; sharing our creative expressions with one another and the larger community.
- By dedicating time to holistic health and spiritual matters in order to support individual and collective growth and well being.
- By collectively reconsidering the social contract and our notions of “work” and “money” by engaging in food production, creating our own entertainment and reducing our need for traditional currency.
Below is graphic representation of workzones at Earthen Heart. This “mind-map” document is an evolving work in progress. Click to enlarge.