To develop a community homestead, as a lean rural alternative, that reduces consumption while increasing quality of life.
How do we achieve this mission?
- By shifting our focus to production for use (homesteading) and away from production for market (farming).
- By sharing and developing services and products within the immediate and surrounding community.
- By producing more food and medicine onsite; learning from the plants and animals that surround us.
- By conserving energy and reducing use of fossil fuels and shifting to renewable energy sources.
- By creating community, arts and entertainment; sharing our creative expressions with one another and the larger community.
- By dedicating time to holistic health and spiritual matters in order to support individual and collective growth and well being.
- By collectively reconsidering the social contract and our notions of “work” and “money” by engaging in food production, creating our own entertainment and reducing our need for traditional currency.